Have you suddenly been in an issue where canon printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi? Well, if you are then you must follow the troubleshooting steps in order to resolve the issue. The troubleshooting is also going to depend on the type of printer that you might have been using.
The process of setting up the printer differs from the printer to the printer. Canon printers are among the best printers out there. They have been the most reliable printers and produce quality printing.
There are many reasons why you might have been facing such issues. There are many reasons that can trigger this error. Today in this article we are going to discuss the steps through which you will be able to resolve this issue in no time.
In order to resolve this issue, you need to make sure that you follow the process correctly. You do not have to get in touch with the experts if you are following the steps correctly. Well, if you are looking to resolve the issue, then follow the steps that are mentioned below:
- Diagnose with the network troubleshooter:
The window systems have a built-in function that is called the network troubleshooter. There is a function in the Mac called the network diagnostics utility. These are the inbuilt utilities that have been developed in order to help the user to diagnose and fix a variety of issues on its own
If you are facing any kind of network connectivity issues, then you must let the operating system such as Windows and Mac help you out. You can find these functions in the main menu of the operating system.
What you need to do is to open it and then follow the instructions on the screen in order to start the diagnose process.
- The first thing that you need to do is to right-click on the network icon.
- After that, you need to open the network troubleshooter.
- Then select the troubleshooter problems.
- Then you will see that your system is going to start exploring the issues and then is going to fix them as soon as possible.
Then you will see a notification and a progress message when the network troubleshooter is working in the background.
- Check the basic wire connectivity:
In order to get properly connected with the Wi-Fi network, there are specific options that you need to turn on. Well, how will someone be able to get the Wi-Fi? access of the printer, if the Wi-Fi option is not turned on.
Just in the same way, the various options need to be enabled. There are some criteria that need to be enabled in order to make your Wi-Fi network networking.
- The first thing that you need to make sure of is that your Wi-Fi network is working well and all the other devices are easily connected to it.
- Make sure that you are checking for all the other connectivity restrictions that are set in your Wi-Fi router.
- Make sure that you are checking for the internet speed on all the other devices. When there is a slow speed then it can easily create issues.
- Make sure that the printer is connected to the Wi-Fi network and it is turned on.
- You need to check your computer or laptop’s Wi-Fi settings to check whether any Wi-Fi connection is not restricted.
- You also need to make sure that your printer is not added to your computer and then set it as default.
- You also need to make sure that your Printer is not in Airplane mode. If it is, then you need to turn it off.
- If it is possible, then you need to move closer to the router.
- Make sure that you are checking all the wired connections too and see that all the USBs are seated well.
- When you are connecting your printer with wireless connectivity, then you need to make sure that you have selected the connect via wireless option.
- Also, make sure if you’re punching the right username as well as the password for connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi network.
This might help you resolve the Canon printer won’t print issue.
- Restart the entire Wi-Fi network:
When you see that the gadgets are not performing well, then you do not have to panic. Do not jump to the conclusion directly and make sure that you follow these steps in order to try and resolve the issue.
What you simply need to do is to reboot the devices as there are some glitches that might be responsible for this issue. The canon printer won’t connect to Wi-Fi in this situation as well. Thus restarting might be helpful in resolving the issue.
- The first thing that you need to do is to unplug the power supply for the router.
- Then you need to unplug the power supply from the modem.
- Then you need to give a break of 30 seconds.
- Plug back the power cable and then turn on the devices.
- Then you have to get the LED to get stable on both the router and the modem.
- The stable light will indicate the working status of the devices.
- Then in the meanwhile, you need to restart the system and the printer as well.
See whether or not you are able to resolve the issue or not.
- Check the printer drivers:
There could also be a scenario where the issue with the printer drivers. When the drivers are not installed correctly, then that could be a disaster for you. What you need to do is to make a habit to keep an eye on whether your printer drivers are performing. This might help you resolve the Canon printer is offline mac
- Make sure that the printer drivers are installed correctly and the right version has been installed.
- Also, try to uninstall the drivers that are currently installed.
- Then you need to reinstall the driver from the CD or the USB that you might have got with your printer.
- You can also download the printer’s drivers for the model of the website.
- Then you need to download the drivers from the website to ensure that you will get the updated version.
- Make sure that you reboot the system and then restart your printer after reinstalling the drivers.
Then you need to try again to connect the Wi-Fi network. This might help you resolve the issue. If you are able to resolve the issue, then get in touch with the official experts to resolve the Canon printer won’t connect to wifi.
Lucy Nelson is the best technical expert of computer hardware and software. She enjoys spending her time with her Friends and family. She loves new Gadgets and likes to write about them. She is also experienced in tackling the issues related to printers like canon printer won’t connect to wifi, etc.