Test Automation is on its continuous role of ensuring itself as a game changer for testing software applications.. For going live with an application, it must undergo a crucial yet essential testing process for making it robust and error free, while enhancing the user experience. Applications are generally bound to go through this rigorous process, because they might be used in different environments, at different platforms, in different systems, while making it a best quality software application.
Opting for a type of testing, is solely dependent upon the team lead- testing. We generally use automation testing, when there is a complex and large software, which requires repetitive and comprehensive testing. While choosing between the type of automation testing for your software application, you must consider Return on Investment as an important factor, because testing implementation incurs several costs associated with it.
In terms of quality and functionality of application, when the business achieves some common objectives, then automation testing can be chosen. Better the quality, better the results like;
- User Retention and a rise in ROI
- Less time to market
- Absolute Cost saving
Enterprises must realize the return on investment, while implementing functional test automation practices or else by outsourcing the services of automation testing by functional testing companies, such as;
- Business Reputation/Goodwill – At the end of a development cycle, an error and bug free application can be made possible with the help of functional testing automation, which therefore results in building and sustaining the overall organization’s goodwill and hence ensure an increment in the ROI.
- Testing environment being monitored – An application’s marketability, stability and popularity can be gained also via having controlled testing environment.Under this scenario, applications are put under stress to check their capacity and break-point as part of in-house testing.
- Early error detection – Functional testing operates on the principle of repeatedly testing an application, so that errors and bugs can be detected on time, before the development of an application. Thus resulting in a continuous improvement in the ROI.
- Efficient and effective – This type of testing allows the testing process to be completed in a minimum period of time.while maintaining its accuracy, so that the application can be released quickly.
- Accessibility – Functional testing enables access to objects data and operating systems.
- Flexibility – As the software applications become more and more complicated, functional tests can be used again and again in order to update an application faster. An application which is being updated on a regular basis will therefore be able to gain more popularity, user reach and competitors attention, which resultantly leads an organization towards productivity and profitability.
As an Organizational leader, if your business is about to launch any of its applications, it is your responsibility to figure out the glitches and failings in your applications, before you make it available for the public. The better the quality of software applications you provide, the better the company’s market share, reputation and Return on Investment. Just like;
“It’s better not to eat a fruit until it is properly washed, might that, in pursuit of relishing your taste buds you may fall sick”
We hope you’ve got what we are actually trying to advise.