Engagement is about the level of commitment that customers have with a certain brand. This process goes beyond the purchase and demonstrates the capacity of the link that a company has with its followers. In addition, it involves elements such as interaction, trust, preference, and empathy.
This communion is shown to be invaluable, reciprocal, and deep relationships, providing a different way of understanding purchases.
There are many alternatives on the market, it just depends on the purpose and functionality you want to achieve. Among the most recommended in this year 2021 are:
- Anime Style.
- Random questions.
Here are some effective methods that only require time and effort on your part to engage with your audience:
Enable your Instagram business account
If you expand the potential of your account, you will be able to perform more significant advanced actions. In this way, you will increase the attraction of potential customers.
Among the functions that will be at your fingertips are:
- Personalization of objects such as buttons, email, telephone number, and trade routes.
- Modification of aspects related to the brand.
- Access to the statistical data of the account: views, add to favourites, subscriber activity, among others.
- Effectiveness tracking and advertising display options.
- And promotion metrics.
Names and Quality Image
The first thing to know is that the profile name may differ from the username. This is important because it gives you the flexibility to tailor the account to your business brand.
This option is changed by simply modifying your account. Therefore, to optimise your Instagram profile, you must take into account the following recommendations:
- If you want to use a professional account to represent an individual, enter the first and last name (or a pseudonym).
- If it is a company or trademark, choose an official name without an abbreviation.
- Also, it is correct to specify the industry or business sector in the name, and link it to the region where you reside. This will make it easier for your nearby customers to locate you.
- Likewise, it is important to complete the profile with an optimal image. For an individual account, choose a portrait on a neutral background, and if your account is a business account, you should choose a logo.
- Keep in mind that Instagram will crop the image regardless of the dimensions to make it more square.
- The subject of the profile photo must be associated with your company, such as services, products, or brand philosophy.
- If you do not have the resources to hire an agency to design your image, a great idea is to use online generators. These applications are very low cost and will be ready to use in a few minutes. And the best part is that no design skills are necessary.
With Instagram geotags, they will improve the reach of each post. Keep in mind that the social network groups geotagged posts with other similar collections.
This spins a lot of organic traffic around the content, with the potential to be directed to your products.
Take advantage of the tool to indicate the physical address in your profile, and then in each publication add the respective label. You will see in a very short time how local users will contact you to respond to their needs.
Reach Instagram photos
Here’s an interesting and fun trend to highlight your brand and attract a new audience. It is about ensuring that the face filters are unique and modern.
Use them to create new stories or posts, from where the name and characteristics of the filter will be seen.
- Freckles 2.0
- The Galapagos effect.
- Eye BB.
- Y Coffin Dance.
Certainly, the use of facial filters is a powerful strategy to increase Instagram visibility, especially in the younger population.
Make visibility alliances from stories
This dynamic consists of finding active bloggers in your business sector, who have an acceptable volume of subscribers. You then agree to periodically mention them on your profile in exchange for them doing the same with your account.
This activity is particularly effective from stories, which are adjusted to include short videos and images that have comments. Also, live sessions and interviews are recommended to add naturalness. In other cases, these partnerships can be applied to posts through mentions or photo credit.
Likewise, these strategies lend themselves to being used frequently, and you can start once a week. It’s just a matter of researching and contacting influential bloggers willing to join. In fact, many content creators are interested in associations of this type.
Schedule live streams
This is another increasingly common practice and one that has been widely accepted by the Instagram audience. Live broadcasts will bring you closer to your audience, and for some time now they can be done from associations to exchange subscribers.
It is a space for debate that allows related businesses or brands to coincide, and that attracts the attention of many users. To use it you must consider:
- Associated companies should have similar fields of interest.
- Plan the content through a script, in order to avoid pauses during the transmission.
- Create a live post schedule to gather interested viewers well in advance. In fact, it’s a good idea to advertise using a countdown.
Lean on popular profiles and comment on their content
Popular profiles are presented as very massive communication channels, and accessing them is a completely free way to promote yourself. You only need to follow the most active accounts and leave comments on posts with the most views.
For its effectiveness, it is necessary to guarantee that its posts are related to your commercial sector. And do not forget that to locate the comments with the highest traffic, you only have to place yourself at the top.
Create optimised content
Whether you opt for free or paid advertising, you must create content of the highest quality. This is considered by specialists as the golden rule of promotion. And it is that it is impossible to broadcast something in which your audience is not interested.
In fact, if you choose to invest a large budget in advertising, you will see that the conversions will be low in the less attractive publications. If you have a big budget then hire a professional digital marketing agency they will create effective marketing strategies to increase your reach on Instagram
Certainly, commercial promotion is a crucial aspect that allows you to attract potential clients and spread your commercial image. In addition, said content will become company assets that you can reuse and adapt throughout the project.
Opt for targeted advertising
Targeted advertising is considered the official way to promote on Instagram, and with it, you point your strategy towards the right audience.
This has the great advantage of being able to customise the prints. For example, choose the geolocation of the target audience, interests, age, gender, commercial sector, etc.
Plus, after targeting ads from your Instagram account, if you need more options just expand to Facebook. This interesting alternative is due to the fact that the advertising tool is multiplatform.
Contact micro-influencers to promote your account
Take a survey in the digital marketing area of your business sector, and check if there are influential content creators. These must have some basic requirements. For example, having verifiable statistical data with traffic and positive interactions within your profile.
One way to verify this information is to request the latest statistics of your account for 24 hours and 7 days. Also, you can focus your study on the last 2 or 3 publications.
This strategy is more effective if you manually process each of the subscription requests, before disabling the automated options.
And although you know it will take longer, the conversion rate will be higher. Also, it is advisable that in this period you change your profile information to add messages for new subscribers.
All human beings love gifts, and given the possibility of obtaining them, they will invest their time. So, launch a series of scheduled contests for your active subscribers. What you should keep in mind is:
- The prize must be a product or service that you offer in your company.
- Take the opportunity to let your followers know your company’s vision and offering in the contest description.
- It guarantees quality content during the period in which it is active in the contest.
- The terms of participation must be simple and fast. Do not require other users to share the contest, as this causes inconvenience to the participants and reduces the prominence of the product.
What to do if Instagram does not show your photos?
Sometimes, it will be difficult for you to obtain the expected range due to technical problems in the photos. These details prevent you from reaching the audience efficiently.
If you’re looking for your images in the gallery and can’t find them, it’s probably because the app doesn’t have access to them. This is because when you install it for the first time, it asks you for special permissions to work properly. And one of the most important is the possibility of managing the storage and the gallery.
Now, if Instagram does not show your published photos and videos to your audience, try to solve it in the following way:
- Make your account public: if you verify and prove that your account is private, your posts will not be seen in the feed or in searches. Only the audience that follows you will have access.
- Try placing hashtags: in this way you will position your content by forcing inclusion in stories or any content that has said hashtags.
- And finally, share your posts in a controlled way: Try sending photos or videos to trusted users. Then ask them to share them to check if the issue was resolved.
So far you learned about how to increase Instagram reach, and some effective tips to increase the visibility of your business. Understanding how the algorithm works will help you position your content in front of a much larger audience.
Raunak is a Mechanical Engineer by qualification & Marketer by passion. He is the co-founder of Maiden Stride, a leading digital marketing company that provides world-class search engine marketing services and website & application development